Participating and fundraising with Bike to the Beach comes with its rewards. Inside your participant portal, you will see that we track two types of points: Activity points and Incentive prize points. Activity points track your fundraising effort and can be used to meet the required fundraising minimum. Incentive prize points are your reward for successful fundraising efforts. These points are redeemable from our online store, where you can get some great Bike to the Beach swag!
Each participant is required to raise the minimum pledge of $500 OR earn 1,000 activity points through our fundraising portal. This system allows riders who may not reach the $500 minimum to support the ride by advocating for the cause.
Here are the ways that you can earn Activity Points:
- 25 activity points: Make a social media post about the cause (only if done through fundraising portal)
- 50 activity points: Personalize your fundraising page
- 150 activity points: Recruit a rider or volunteer
- 250 activity points: Serve as a team captain
We understand that fundraising can be hard work, and we want to reward you for your successes! As you raise funds, you will also earn 1 Incentive Prize Point for each $1.00 raised.
As you are fundraising, you will earn some fun prizes with your Incentive prize points:
- 250 points: B2B sunglasses
- 500 points: B2B T-shirt
- 500+ points: use at our online store for items of your choice
To redeem your points, simply go to your account home page and select “Redeem Points.” Once that is completed, you will be sent a discount code for the monetary value of your incentive points. Use the discount code at the online store and purchase Bike to the Beach merchandise.