B2B Florida Route
Our 103.2-mile charity ride will stretch the length of the Florida Keys, from Key Largo to Key West, the southernmost point of the continental United States. The trail runs parallel to US Highway 1 and is quite exposed, so bring lots of sunscreen.
The ride will use utilize the Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail (FKOHT) that is currently more than 70 miles of the multi-use, paved trail (the remaining 36 miles is under construction). Tracing the course of Henry Flagler’s old railroad line, the trail passes many points of interest and ecological resources throughout the Keys, including the Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park, Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary, The Great White Heron National Wildlife Refuge, Key Deer National Wildlife Refuge, Crocodile Lakes National Wildlife Refuge, and the Key West National Marine Sanctuary.
And we will end at the Southermost Beach Cafe near the Southernmost Marker in the United States, 90-miles from Cuba.
START AND FINISH LINE LOCATIONS
- Starting-Line: Courtyard Key Largo, 99751 Overseas Hwy, Key Largo, FL 33037
- Finish-Line: The Southernmost Beach Cafe, 1319 Duval St, Key West, FL 33040
The route from Key Largo is to Key West is a beautiful ocean-front ride that takes you Island to Island along mostly flat terrain. The route takes you on and off of US-1 South and the Florida Keys Overseas Heritage Trail (FKOHT). It is impossible to get lost – all you have to do is ride south.
We have designed the route with five (5) rest stops spaced, on average, 17.2 miles apart. In addition to the five(5) rest stops, there are two optional rest stop at bike shops along the route. Each of these rest stops are designed to give you what you need for the next portion of the journey, whether that is breakfast, lunch, coconut water straight from a coconut or coffee to energize your legs for the last leg. We end on the beach at the Southernmost Hotel, 90-miles from Cuba.
And, follow the links below for more information about the six (6) legs of the route:
- Leg 1: Courtyard Key Largo to Midway Cafe & Coffee Bar (Islamorada, FL) – 20.1 miles
- Leg 2: Midway Care & Coffer Bar to Grassy Key Cafe (Marathon, FL) – 22.6 miles
- Leg 3: Grassy Key Cafe to Veteran’s Memorial Park (New Sevenmile Bridge, FL) – 18.4 miles
- Leg 4: Veteran’s Memorial Park to Boondocks Grill (Ramrod Key, FL) – 13.6 miles
- Leg 5: Boondocks Grill to Baby’s Coffee (Key West, FL – Mile Marker 15)– 12.4 miles
- Leg 6: Baby’s Coffee to the Southernmost Beach Cafe (Key West, FL) – 16.1 miles
Total: 103.2 Miles
Need a bike? Rent one from Key Largo Bikes. Its Easy!