Fundraising For Bike to the Beach at Work
The average worker in the US works about 47 hours a week (source), which means that your work colleagues are the perfect people to support your fundraising campaign.
There are many benefits to fundraising and recruiting at work, including the opportunity to bring some fun to the workplace.
Here are some ideas:
(1) Recruit a Work Team – As your co-workers to join our event. Bike to the Beach can work with your company to make it a sponsor or create a group discount for your riders. Click here to learn more about corporate teams.
(2) Office Fundraising Challenge – Speak with everyone in your office and get them to challenge each other to raise the highest amount.
(3) Host an inter-office raffle – Give raffle tickets for donation and then give the “winner” a prize. You can offer some movie passes, gift certificates to a restaurant, or just do a basic 50/50 raffle? Talk with B2B team members about getting some B2B swag for raffles.
(4) Plan a Dress Down Day – Ask your company to allow an official Bike to the Beach Dress Down Day. For the privilege of dressing down, employees pledge $20.00 toward the ride. Bonus points if you get your fellow riders to wear their Bike to the Beach gear on dress down day.
(5) Corporate Matching Gift – Ask your company to match the amount of pledges you receive from your fellow co-workers. This could cut your minimum in half, or double what you raise!
(6) Inter-office Communication – Does your company distribute a newsletter? Does your company have interoffice e-mail? Take advantage of these! It’s a perfect way to get Bike to the Beach word out. Don’t forget: you will earn fundraising points for each volunteer that you recruit.
(7) Breakroom message boards – Many companies still have a cork board in the breakroom, fill out one of our form flyers with your donation page links, print it out and post it on that board.
(8) Your own personal friend Matching Gift – Ask a friend to see if they can investigate getting their company to match pledges. Many companies have a budget for charitable giving just waiting to be requested!
(9) Company Grants – Find out if your company offers grants to employees who volunteer their time for charitable causes. Tell them you are doing Bike to the Beach and to cough up!
If any of your co-workers or employers have any additional questions about Bike to the Beach, how to contribute, or where the funds will go you can direct them to our sponsors page, or have them email us at email@example.com and we’ll help you get them on board.