Bike to the Beach will help any rider or team host a fundraising event of their own, whether it is an event at your office, happy hour, spinning event, or other fun, community oriented event. We will bring pamphlets, bracelets, prizes, B2B signs, and even lend financial assistance to your event.
There are many different ways to host an event:
- Happy Hour party– Invite all your friends (and their friends!) and get them to sign your Bike to the Beach T-shirt. Charge $10.00 per signature. Bike to the Beach will provide t-shirts and support for your event. Contact us for details.
- Fundraising dinner at your local favorite restaurant- Ask your favorite local restaurant to host a Fundraising Dinner for you. They supply the food and your supply the pledge forms!
- Theme Party/Dinner– Hold a themed party for 10 (or more) of your friends. Donation: $50.00 per person. Spend no more than $20.00 per person on the food and you’ll have $300.00 (or more) in pledges by the end of the night.
- Host a movie party at your house– Pick up a new flick at your local movie store, make some popcorn, pick up some soda and invite your friends and family over for movie night. Of course have your pledge forms ready to go!
- Wine and Cheese Party– Host a party at a local restaurant and ask the owner to donate the wine and cheese.
- Karaoke Night– Who cares if you can’t carry a tune. Spend a Friday night at a Karaoke Bar and sing your guts out! Have the announcer tell the crowd that you’re singing for Bike to the Beach!
- Talented Friends– Do you have a little piano bar in your neighborhood and a talented piano playing friend? Ask the owner to let you bring some friends in one night for a cocktail and piano night. Charge anyone who attends and let them know that it’s a fundraising for Bike to the Beach.
- Game night– Get out those board games and start playing! Break into teams and let the fun begin.
- Host a poker game– call your serious (or not so serious) card-playin’ friends invite them over for poker night.
- Bowling Nights– plan a fun night of bowling at your local lanes. Ask the owner to waive the cost of bowling and you can collect that money and turn it into pledges.
- 50/50 Raffle – Either at an event, or just over the course of the week at the office, hold a 50/50 raffle. Get a roll of raffle tickets, and sell them for $5-10 a piece. At a designated time hold a drawing, and whomevers name is drawn gets half the pot, and the other half goes to your Bike to the Beach fundraising! This can be done on it’s own, or in conjunction with any of the other events.
Fundraising Sales events
- Bake Sale– Bake cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and other sweets and host a bake sale. You can even have it in conjunction with your garage sale. It’s a fact that people will buy more stuff on an empty stomach!
- Garage Sale– Know all that stuff that’s been hanging out in your garage…in your attic…in your basement? Gather it up and ask your friends to do the same. Put it in your front yard and sell, sell, sell! Put all the money raised toward your pledge minimum!
- Used book sale– Everyone has books that have been sitting on shelves or in the attic in boxes or in the basement collecting dust. Ask your friends, family and neighbors to donate whatever they’ve got and set up a little weekend book sale in your front yard. Wear your Bike to the Beach t-shirt and put up some signs so people will know where the money is going. Once they know that they may even give you more money!